12 June 2014, SMAS – Armed with pails, broomsticks and scrap papers, Semaunians marched their way to their classrooms this morning in an effort to tidy things up spick-and-span. Windows were wiped to brilliance, no rubbish was left behind and all desks and chairs were stacked along the walls to symbolise the end of term two the longest term of the year.
“Cleanliness Carnival”, a moniker used in lieu of the cliche Cleaning Campaign was held today in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of formal education in Brunei Darussalam. Community of SMAS lived up to their reputation as depicted in their school song that goes “Teachers, students hand-in-hand work together in all fields”. Everybody was in high spirit as the school concludes it session for this term.
Prior to the Cleanliness Carnival, a Tahlil ceremony was held inside the classrooms led by Awang Ahsanuddin and Awang Hafiz of the Students’ Council who read the prayer through the PA system. Watch the footage here.
Term Two holiday will commence tomorrow, Friday June 13 until Sunday 22 June. SMAS schooling session will resume Monday 23 June 2014. Meanwhile Year 11 students who will be sitting for their O Level Qualifying Examinations will be coming to school during the holiday for their revision class. The O Level Qualifying Examinations will kickstart in the first week of the Third Term.
- Kursus Kepimpinan bagi MPP 2015 - March 26, 2015
- SESI PERJUMPAAN PROGRAM MP3 (KOHOT 2) - February 2, 2015
- Parent-Teacher Meet - January 24, 2015
- CYBERCRIME TALK IN SMAS - January 15, 2015
- CCA ORIENTATION DAY REGISTER STUDENTS TO CLUBS - January 12, 2015
- Md Hafiz bin Bakri - January 10, 2015
- SMAS EYEING 30% 5-CREDIT ACHIEVERS FOR 2015 - January 9, 2015
- Immersing SMAS Culture - January 7, 2015
- SMAS JOINS NATION IN MAULIDURRASUL MASS PROCESSION - January 5, 2015
- Donation for Pusat Ehsan and SMARTER - December 18, 2014